With the prices of petrol and diesel skyrocketing, many people are looking for ways to save money on fuel. Luckily, there are ways to ease the pain at the pump and reduce your environmental impact – car sharing.
When two or more individuals share a car, it is referred to as car sharing. This could be to work, shopping, or simply to visit friends. It is a cost-effective strategy to save money on fuel because a shared journey is half as expensive and twice as efficient as driving alone.
Car Sharing Offers the Following Benefits:
1. Carsharing reduces fuel costs. First and foremost, car sharing alleviates the financial burden imposed by the fuel crisis. Even if you’re not struggling, offering a lift to someone whose mobility may be limited by fuel poverty, could prove a real help to them.
2. It can save you money on other travel costs. Travel costs aren’t only comprised of fuel but also potentially toll and parking fees. These costs can add up, especially if you’re making the same journeys everyday. If you’re going the same way, it make sense to share!
3. It helps reduce traffic congestion. There are fewer cars on the road when more people share cars. This can assist to alleviate traffic congestion and make the journey more convenient for everyone.
4. Promote a sense of community. When you share a car, you have the opportunity to meet new people and build relationships. This can help to create a sense of community and improve social engagement.
5. Provide an opportunity for exercise. If you live in a city, car sharing can help you to avoid public transportation. Walking or biking to your car share location can help to increase your daily activity level.
6. It is better for the environment. When you share a car, you are using less fuel. This can help to reduce the number of emissions released into the atmosphere. Not only are you protecting the contents of your pocket – but also the planet.
7. You can use car-sharing to travel to new places. When your job requires you to travel, as vloggers do for example, and you want to visit a nearby town or city to make an intro video for your vlog, car sharing might be a useful tool. You’ll be safer, and you won’t have to worry about driving in an unfamiliar place.
8. More convenient than public transport. You can choose your route and you don’t have to stick to a timetable. This means that you can avoid traffic jams and get where you need to go quickly and without any fuss.
9. It reduces wear and tears on your car. When you share a car, you are not using your car all the time. This can help you save money on maintenance and repairs by reducing wear and tear on your vehicle.
Car sharing isn’t the only way to save on fuel costs but it’s certainly one of the most effective. If you’re looking for ways to cut down on your spending, car sharing is worth considering. Sign up to Liftshare to start sharing and saving today.
Car share for less with Liftshare, the UK’s biggest sharing economy site!